Greetings, our precious reader. Spring has come with fresh colours and wet shoes. Pilots are ready to rock now! Or maybe a little later, after a cup of coffee…
Here’s how our studio goes on and what we learned this month:
- Spring is more productive for us than any of seasons. Because of increased sunlight maybe. What about you?
- Email updates are great. In Basecamp you get an overall progress digest every morning. You can add an event or start a discussion or post a file and notify certain people about it. These small updates motivate team, especially when working remotely;
- Community manager’s cat has a clinical depression.
What’s new with Isles Of Umbra:
- Check out demo! We added new scenes, dialogues, characters and post-effects. Try it, rate and comment please. You can fill out feedback form to help us make our game better;
- Also, here’s our page on itch.io. We decided to set up PWYW scheme from zero to infinity with 100% revenue share. It means all your money will go to the platform. We love itch.io philosophy and want to support these great guys. Revenue proportion will be changing gradually only with major project updates.
- ISOU participates in CIS indie game festival #GamesJamKanobu2015! Support us please by clicking heart button here!
- We started to prototype new scenes using placeholder art. Such a common practice was forgotten by us at the beginning. Pre-visualisation is very helpful and art production pipeline has speeded up a little;
- Unity 5 is buggy. We can’t port ISOU properly yet. Editor crashes after atlas packaging. Maybe you know why? Also, maybe you are C#/Unity Developer with interest in project? We need one right now, please mail at this address if so;
- Our composer updated OST playlist on Soundcloud with a new track, check it out:
What’s new with Breached:
- Taking part on a GamesJam again. Like, share, retweet. :)
- We updated documentation and six hour skype call was worth it. Now we have feature history changelog! Seems we’ve invented homemade version of practice Dan Cook wrote about;
- Second UI iteration is almost done and we are not satisfied with it. Closed playtest showed many flaws. Overhaul is coming. Btw, flight screens are already in the update process;
- 3D artists continue to work on both environment and objects. We started from locations which players will see in last turn. First impression is crucial, so it’s useful to build them at final stages of production.
Well, It was intense month indeed!
Thanks for reading and be ready for the updates.
P.S: We got Drone!